A detail from a 3D rendering (left) looks unrealistic with straight lines that stay perfectly straight, especially in a wide angle view. After the image is processed to simulate barrel distortion and chromatic aberrations (right), it looks more as if it were shot through a real wide angle lens.
Here's how to download and install a free set of 3 Photoshop Actions:
1. Click to download this file: 3dRender.atn.
2. Save or drag the file into the Presets/Photoshop Actions folder. On Windows, the full path might be C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop x.x\Presets\Photoshop Actions.
3. In Photoshop, view the Actions palette (you may need to choose Window > Show Actions from the menu.)
4. Click the arrow on the upper right of the Actions palette to get a pop-up menu.
5. In the menu, choose Load Actions...
6. Click on 3dRender.atn and click Load. In the Actions palette, the heading 3dRender.com will appear, and clicking the arrow to the left of it will open the folder to list the three actions.
7. Load an image, flatten the image if you are using layers, and click one of the actions to apply barrel distortion and chromatic aberrations.
3dRender Home | Digital Lighting & Rendering
Page and Actions Copyright © 2002-2006 by Jeremy Birn. Download these Actions for your personal use only, not for re-sale or publication without permission of author.